Friday, January 30, 2009

Passion

Everyone has a passion. It’s what you do to get away. It’s what you can do all day and not get tired of. If someone was to ask you what your passion was what would you say? Do you know?

Cheerleading isn’t just a hobby or something people do to stay active to me. It’s more than that. It is my passion, my focus, and it is something I do to keep my mind off something else. It’s what I do when I want to escape something; as if I am running away from the world, my problem, my fears. When it is taken from me I am forced to face those problems and it makes me lose focus that much more.

When I am held back from working at my passion I feel frustrated inside. I have fallen behind on this week. All this week I was snowed in and now way out. There was a inch of ice on my car and there was no easy way on getting it off. So never the less I missed a lot of my practice and have fallen behind on my work. When someone goes without practicing for a while they start to lose the progress they have made.

I have a game Saturday; therefore I was hoping to start putting my new moves out on the floor. Now that I have not worked on it for a week I feel as if I am moving backwards instead of forwards. Like when a star basketball play has an awesome game one week, then has the worst game ever the next.

4 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean. It's a really good thing to have a passion for something like this, something healthy to have. Everytime I would enter a gym and just shoot around and stuff I would forget everything else around me that was going on. I loved it. It was an escape. When I did cheerleading it was the same thing. !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This week has been crazy due to the weather conditions! I couldn't go to my dance classes because of it! It is frustrating when you can't go practice for something you have a passion for! Have fun at your game on saturday, do your best!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting lead-in to the snow, Tracy. It's clear that it's had an effect on your passion. Funny, but they tell us in order to succeed we should keep practicing to "keep warmed up." You're being frozen twice-over here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty good story...makes me think about my passion

    ReplyDelete