Thursday, February 5, 2009

Sick Days


My week started off alright. I had what I thought was a small cold and little did I know was going to be my worst night mare of this week.

Monday I had a game; I notice that I was feeling a bit off, so I did not tumble at all that game. Later that night I could not sleep and was breaking into sweats. I felt as if I was running a marathon and I could not breathe. I was tossing, tuning and confused on exactly how I got this sick.

The next morning when I had gotten up for school I have noticed that I had the biggest head ache, along with no voice. I could not even lift my head from the pillow. So I decided my body needed rest and I should take the day off.

The next day I became more frustrated at the fact that I have not gotten any better. A WHOLE DAY GONE TO WASTE! Being sick now days is not like your childhood days; where you would just get the day off. Oh no! Each day you miss is more work that builds up and the more stress you will have on your shoulders at the end of the week.

I was starting to get nerves that not only might I miss group pictures on Saturday, but the last game as well. So I did the last thing I wanted to do. Go see the doctor. Now that they have me on medicine I am hoping that I have not fallen behind too much in practice.

1 comment:

  1. Nobody likes to be sick that's for sure. Hopefully the drugs will put you back on ur A game. (The good drugs - haha). Another thing nobody likes is being behind, I absolutely hate it. Since cheerleading is ur passion, I'm sure you won't get too far behind. You will go right back into the swing of things.

    ReplyDelete