Friday, January 16, 2009

The Pain That Comes With Cheerleading

You would think that cheerleading is all fun and games, but in reality it is not. Its like any other competitive sport that any athlete goes through. I have dreams and things that i wish to accomplish but like any other person I have to work long and hard at accomplishing my dreams. I have recently been working on my tumbling witch involves knowing how to work and control all of your muscles in ones body. I have just landed my standing double back hand spring and can also land my running. However i wish to go further. I am planning on starting to work on my tucks, to put that into my running as well.

From all of this I have encountered more bruises and pains through out my body than i have ever felt before. After a long, hard day of work i feel so tuckered out but at the same time I get this great feeling that makes me feel so good about myself.

The other day i worked out from four to ten at night with an hour break. I felt great at the end of the night but when morning came I realized that i was going to pay for my hard work that i put in the day before. My muscles did not want to move an inch that day and i had to ignore my pain because i had school. So as i got up i thought a nice hot shower would get my day off to a better start. When i forced myself out side to clean of my car to be on my way. It was hard enough to clean off my car let alone thinking about having to work out after class. But with competitions coming up and me being out of shape, I had a lot of work to do. I am just hoping that he more i work out the less my muscles will be of a pain.

5 comments:

  1. wow that sounds intense. i hope it gets easier for you. and good luck with all those new moves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post you show great dedication to chearleading. I would have never guessed how much work was behind the cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last quarter, I lifted for the first time with a couple friends. After the first day, I was sore for a couple days. By the second and third times, I was not sore at all. I hope you find it easier as you go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow you must still hurt today because i konw if i was working that hard i would still be hurting to this day... but any ways good luck on making it to the top..

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's hard for me to comment on this being a guy and all but I did have a girlfriend who cheered for basketball, football, and competition. She was always talking about how tough it was. I usually just gave her crap and said it wasn't what she made it out to be but then I picked her up from one of her practices and showed up a bit early and noticed it was by far very intense. So props to you.

    ReplyDelete