Thursday, March 19, 2009

your words, your style, your way

What is blogging to you? Blogging to me is your words, your style, and your way. This quarter I was assigned to start blogging for the first time. I got to choice whatever I wanted to write about so it would be interesting to me; it was my words, my style, and my way. I chose to write about my passion, which was cheerleading. I knew I would never run out of things to say and it turns out I found other bloggers who felt the same way.


Blogging can sometimes really put someone out there and sometimes take you out of your comfort zone to talk about things that can be hard to talk about for some people. However, at the same time it could have a good experience because it lets other bloggers know that there is other bloggers writing about the same subject matter they are writing about for themselves. For example, a girl in my class is pregnant and she chose to talk about that. I’m sure that wasn’t easy for her but at the same time it could be helping her get things off her chest. (Paige. “A Student 18 and Pregnant.” It’s a girl. Fri. 13 Feb. 2009.) For instants how she writes about how she is so scared for her child after reading stories about other children that came out unhealthy and this makes her hope nothing but for her child to be healthy. There are so many young bloggers out there that are writing about the very same thing.


When I first started blogging I didn’t really understand the purpose or goal of a personal blog, until I started to search for a blog to follow on the same subject I was writing about. I found a very special person, Pamela Enders, who is very big on blogging and she always tries to us her blogging skills to try to help other cheerleaders with their problems such as myself. (Enders, Pamela. “Confident Cheerleading.” Cheerleading Can Ruin Your Day – Part I. Web. 16 Feb. 2009.) There are even other cheerleaders that write her questions because she is so good at what she does. Commenting on other blogs gives bloggers a inspirational feeling because they think they are helping others by what they right, this could make some ones day! The advice she gives is so helpful and they way she writes is so calming. If one was to read her blog they would notice that she doesn’t write to tell people what to do, she simply writes to try to help them. She would give advice threw her blogs, like how to get over mental blocks and who to better your performance. To me I think this is one of the best ways to blog, other than keeping in touch with family and friends.


Blogs are everywhere and I think everyone has read a blog at some point, maybe without even knowing it. Blogs are not only one a blogging websites; they are also on very popular websites such as facebook, myspace, and a lot of chatting cites. So even if someone was to think they have never read or even wrote a blog before, they are most likely wrong. There are so many different blogs out there, even just my class alone; everyone had a different type of blog they were writing about. Although, when blogging you have to be careful to not affined anyone because there are some mean bloggers out there as well. If you affined someone, bloggers are known to criticize your grammar and the way to write just for that reason. So because of this it sometimes it makes it hard to bring up things like other peoples culture, religion, or faith. These subjects are very touchy subjects even in the blogging world because a lot of people have strong opinions on the matter.


When you enter your blogging website there are so many different things you can be, say, do, act, accomplish, and pretend, really anything! When you sign in you can do anything! Change who you are, what you look like, how you feel, and what you want to be. No one really knows who you really are so sometime you have to be careful because it is known that the blogging world can draw you in and become addicted to who you are when you sign on and forget the real world. Blogging website is its own world alone, it can be good or bad depending the way you go, just because you can be whoever you want to be and say whatever you want to say because no one knows who the person is behind the screen!

1 comment:

  1. Tracy--

    Interesting stuff. Please provide links and pictures, though.

    Also, I'm curious: do you think you could or even should try not to offend anyone? Remember Aesop's fable of "The Man, The Boy, and The Donkey":
    http://www.aesops-fables.org.uk/aesop-fable-the-man-the-boy-and-the-donkey.htm

    Thanks for a great class!

    ReplyDelete